Tuesday 30 March 2010

What we have learnt about technologies from the process of constructing out media product


Since I began our film opening project for Translation Check I feel that i've gained a lot of skills and knowledge about editing software and the problems that can occur whilst filming. First of all I learnt about operating a camera and the importance of keeping the tripod steady while filming. I also learned how to edit a film sequence on Final Cut Express which included skills such as deleting sections, adding sections in, adding in credits, adjusting sound levels and using different tools such as the razorblade. To create the title designs for Translation Check I honed my skills on Photoshop using different colours, fonts and layers until we were happy with the final result.
I learned the foundation elements in a blog for example how to edit, add images and publishing.
Lorna

During the process of our film opening, I’ve learnt how to have a input in different various designs for the title of our film, Translation Check. I also learnt how to edit different scenes with Tosin. I also had an input in the background research for the distribution of teen films. I helped, with
blogging different posts, for our film opening. Throughout the proc
essing of our film opening, I learnt how to use these technologies to the fullest of my ability. I have learnt how to do use these methods accurately to get good results overall, for the construction of this product.

Priscilla

For me I used technologies such as Photoshop, Adobe after effects, final cut pro, a recorder for recording my younger sister playing the song mem

ory of light and waves on the piano, to use for out film, I filmed a few scenes using the camera. I already had experience in Photoshop, so I just applied what I had already knew to designing the logo and taught Priscilla extra stuff on Photoshop. I already had experience on how to use blogger, so it wasn’t difficult in getting a new template design for it and personalize it to suit our group, iFlooky. In Photoshop I designed the final translation check logo as well as the iFlooky logo with Priscilla. I edited the first cut of our film, and learnt how to use a bit of after effects.

Tosin

Through out this project, i have learnt to use final cut express. the program was quite difficult to use at first, but after viewing various tutorials, editing the film

was second nature, if we were to ever create another film, i would prefer to use iMovie as it is not as complicated as final cut though more can be done in final cut.

Stella

No comments:

Post a Comment